Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 26 January 2018
26 January 2018
- India celebrates 69th Republic Day on 26th January 2018
- Assam’s PG Baruah, Arup Kr Dutta, Joyshree Mahanta honoured with prestigious Padma Shri
- The Zeliangrong Heraka community is celebrating the 103rd birthday of Rani Gaidinliu, ( freedom fighter of India) today on January 26.
- Indian government today announced the name of 85 people from different fields for Padma Award winners 2018. Out of these, 3 receives Padma Vibhushan, 9 receives Padma Bhushan, and 73 receives Padma Shri. Indian cricketer and former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and billiards player Pankaj Advani honoured with Padma Shri. (Click here to visit Complete List of Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri Award Winner 2018)
- State Bank of India and other 20 public sector banks to get Rs 88,139 crore before 31st March 2018 under Govt reforms.
State Bank of India will get Rs 8,800 crore capital
Bank of India, Rs 9,232 crore.
UCO Bank will get Rs 6,507 crore
Punjab National Bank -Rs 5,473 crore
Bank of Baroda – Rs 5,375 crore
Central: Bank of India – Rs 5,158 crore
Canara Bank – Rs 4,865crore
Indian Overseas Bank – Rs 4,694 crore
Union Bank of India – Rs. 4,524 crore.
Oriental Bank of Connnerce will get Rs 3,571 crore
Dena. Bank will get Rs 3,045 crore,
Bank of Maharashtra will get Rs :3,178 crore,
Andhra Bank will get Rs 1,890 crore,
Allahabad Bank will get Rs 1,500 crore,
Punjab and Sind Bank will get Rs 785 crore
United Bank of India will get Rs 2,634 crore
Corporation Bank will get Rs 2,187 crore,
Syndicate Bank will get Rs 2,839 crore.