Current Affairs – 19 January 2018
Current Affairs –
19 January 2018
- Kaziranga National Park and three heritage sites in Sivasagar, Assam are selected as a part of the Union government’s newly launched‘Adopt a Heritage’ project.
- Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma told media-persons “The limit of tax exemption for medium and large units has been increased from 100 per cent to 150 per cent of fixed capital investment, whereas for mega units the tax exemption is proposed with the maximum ceiling of 200 per cent of fixed capital investment,”
- A book titled Paakghor Pora Americar Khelpotharor Loi written by famous writer Sailen Das and published by Birbal Choudhury was released at a function at Goalpara.
- Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh’s capital has been selected in the Smart City list after winning the Round 4 of National Smart Cities Challenge
- Carrying cash above Rs 50,000 prohibited in Meghalaya under Section 144 CrPC and has come into effect from today onwards and would remain in action till the Meghalaya Assembly election to be held on February 27.
- Social worker Ridhkaran Surana near Lokhra, Guwahati formally inaugurated an organic bio-fertilizer plant of Nova Biotech.
- Former Arunachal Pradesh Minister Tako Dabi passes away
- Maharashtra first state to unveil Public Cloud Policy
- Whatsapp releases business App on Android platform