NRC Assam Important Public Announcement
- 1 NRC Assam Important Public Announcement
- 2 Websites to Check NRC List
- 2.1 NRC Assam Detail Public Announcements:
- 2.2 Do You Have Any Query Regarding NRC Assam Public Announcement ?
- 3 Click Here to Join Assam’s Fastest Growing Facebook Group For Latest Job Updates
Websites to Check NRC List
NRC Assam –The process of NRC Update in Assam is being undertaken as per provisions of Citizenship Act 1955 ft Citizenship Rules 2003 with the cut-off date of 24th March (midnight), 1971 as per Assam Accord. It was decided to update NRC 1951 in a tripartite meeting held between Government of India, Government of Assam and All Assam Students Union (AASU) and chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 5th May 2005. Gazette notification to update NRC 1951 issued by Registrar General of Citizen Registration (RGCR) on 6th December 2013 in pursuance of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
NRC Assam Detail Public Announcements:
- Daft NRC shall be published on the expiry of midnight of 31st December 2017 for those applicants for whom the entire process of verification would be completed by that date. As such, this will be a part publication of Draft NRC.
- Another Draft NRC shall be published subsequently after completion of verification of the rest of the applicants, which shall be the complete publication of Draft NRC. Date of complete publication of Draft NRC will be notified separately.
- Applicants who do not find their names in the part publication of Draft NRC published on 31st December 2017 should not have any fears and apprehensions as their verification is under progress and will be completed soon. Verification of each individual is being done meticulously in a fair and objective manner to ensure that names of all genuine Indian Citizens as per cut-off date of 24th March (midnight), 1971 are included in NRC.
- Documents of each member of a family are verified for their genuineness by respective authorities who have issued the documents.
- It is possible that names of some members of a family do not appear in the part publication of Draft NRC as verification of these members is still not Decision on all the members of the family will be part of the complete publication of Draft NRC subsequently.
- It is also possible that names of the entire family members are not mentioned in the part publication of Draft NRC. Decision on such families will be part of complete publication of Draft NRC.
- Detailed verification of applicants who have submitted Gaon Panchayat Secretary /Lot Mandal/ Circle Officer Certificate, will be conducted as per Judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. Their verification will be taken up after part publication of Draft NRC of 31′ December 2017. Their names, if found eligible, shall be included in the subsequent complete publication of Draft NRC.
- Claims and Objections shall be received from applicants only after complete publication of Draft Final NRC will be published after disposal of all Claims and Objections.
- Applicants also have the right to appeal before the Foreigners Tribunals after publication of Final NRC.
- The entire process of NRC Update is being carried out in the most transparent manner under close monitoring of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- All efforts are being made by the Union and State Governments, Registrar General of India and State Coordinator to ensure that the entire exercise is comprehensive and meticulous to produce an accurate NRC where no genuine Indian citizen gets left out and no ineligible person gets included.
Do You Have Any Query Regarding NRC Assam Public Announcement ?
Call at 24 x 7 Toll Free Numbers: 15107(For Assam), 18003453762(For Outside Assam)
Visit Official Website: http://nrcassam.nic.in/