JNV Selection Test for Class VI admission 2018 admission into JNVs for the academic session 2018-19 will be held as per following schedule. The last date for uploading online application in the office of Common Service Centre is 25 th November 2017.
- On Saturday, the 10th February, 2018 at 11.30 A.M. in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
- On Sunday, the 8th April, 2018 at 11.30 A.M. in the States of Jammu and Kashmir (except Leh, Kargil & Doda), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kullu, Mandi, Sirmour of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
- On Saturday, the 9th June, 2018 at 11.30 A.M. in the Districts of Leh, Kargil & Doda of J&K State and in the District of Kinnaur, Shimla and Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh State.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JNV SELECTION TEST
How to register online for JNV Selection Test 2018 for class VI admission
- The process for applying for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Detailed and intensive verification of proofs for residence, age, eligibility etc will be done for successful candidates through the laid down procedure.
- The eligible candidates along with his /her parent/guardians may approach Common Service Centre along with duly filled in certificate from the Head Master of School where the candidate is studying in Class V. The format of certificate may be downloaded from Samiti website www.nvshq.org The sample of format is enclosed.
- In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain `B’ certificate and residence should be in the same district where he / she is seeking admission.
The application for JNV Selection Test 2018 is being processed through Common Service Centre of Ministry of IT, Govt. of India. As per the MOU with NVS, Common Service Centre will be charging Rs 35/-(Rupees thirty five only) to be paid by the parent/ candidate towards service charge to upload the application form per candidate.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR ALL ADMISSION
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, the district where JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya has not started in newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2005 and after 30- 04-2009. This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs). In case of doubt of overage candidate seeking admission, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2017-18 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. Schools where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2017-18. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2018-19 will be subject to this condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates who will be passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September, 2017 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The forms of such candidates will be verified by DEO/DIOS. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme from urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2017 is not eligible to apply.
- No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test second time, under any circumstances.
- Atleast 75 % seats for children from schools located in rural areas.
- 1/3 rd seats for girls.
- 3% seats for Divyang children.
- Seats for Scheduled Caste a Scheduled Tribe as per Govt Of India norms
(Note: for detailed notification for reservation of seat for children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Divyang children and criteria for RURAL CANDIDATES, URBAN CANDIDATES, TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES visit the official notice.)
The parents of the children who qualify the Selection Test will have to submit the following documents at the time of admission for verification:
- Residence Certificate in prescribed Performa
- Proof for date of birth. However, if any doubt arises, a medical board will verify it.
- Proofs for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS.
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, the parents will also have to submit certificate to the effect that the child had studied in an Institution located in a notified rural area.
- Any other documents required.
Language of the Examination
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test is conducted in 21 languages. The test booklet is available in the following languages: 1. Assamese 2. Bengali 3. Bodo 4. English 5. Garo 6. Gujarati 7. Hindi 8. Kannada 9. Khasi 10. Malayalam 11. Manipuri 12. Marathi 13. Mizo 14. Oriya 15. Punjabi 16. Sindhi (Arabic) 17. Sindhi (Devnagri) 18. Tamil 19. Telugu 20. Urdu 21. Nepali A candidate will be given a test booklet in the language he/she has mentioned in the application form.
Composition of the Test
The selection test will be of two-hour duration and will have 3 sections with only objective type questions. There are 100 questions in all of 100 marks. Each question carries one mark:
A single test booklet comprising of the 3 sections will be given to each candidate
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental ability Test||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
Only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen is to be used to write on the answer sheet. Candidates should bring their own ballpoint pens. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited. One mark will be given for every correct answer. No negative marking will be done.
LAST DATE TO UPLOAD ONLINE APPLICATION: 25/11/2017
Issue of Admit Cards
The admit card can be downloaded from the office of Common Service Centre as per following schedule: For downloading the admit card, Common Service Centre will be charging Rs.10/-per candidate, which is to be paid by the parent/candidate.
For Exam to be Conducted on
|With effect from|
10th February, 2018 for Summer Bound JNVs
15th January 2018 (Monday)
8 th April 2018 for Winter Bound JNVs
23rd March 2018 (Friday)
|9 th June 2018 for Extreme Winter Bound JNVs||
23rd March 2018 (Friday)
Result of the Selection Test
The result of JNV Selection Test 2018 is expected to be announced by 1st week of April/May 2018 for Summer Bound, the last week of May 2018 for Winter Bound & 1st week of July 2018 for Extreme Winter Bound JNVs of the year of admission. The result will be displayed in the offices of the concerned (i) Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (ii) District Education Officer (iii) District Magistrate (iv) Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region. The Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the selected candidates through registered post. The result will also be displayed on website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at the address www.nvshq.org