National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme for 2017-2018
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme -Applications are Invited from the eligible and intending students studying in class VIII for National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS 2017-18). Under this Scheme Scholarship is awarded to benefit the children of weaker sections of the society. The scholarship is paid to the students till they complete their studies up to class XII. i.e. for a maximum period of 4 years & Rs. 500 /- (Five Hundred) per month.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme Terms & Conditions
- The students studying in Govt & Provincialised Schools are only eligible for NMMS Examination
- The Parent’s/ Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs.1.5 lacs per annum.
- The students should have at least 55% marks in class VII Selection Test for NMMSS
A written examination will be held for selection of candidates under the NMMSS Scheme.
Reservation as per Assam State quota is 2411.
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging OBC category
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category and
- 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme Qualifying Marks:-
Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
Students can submit application for NMMSS Examination both in OFFLINE and ONLINE mode. For offline submission, application form can be collected from the office of the concerned Inspector of Schools during the office period i.e from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm within 1st September to 20th September 2017.For ONLINE submission, student can visit our website www.madhyamik.in for details
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination Centres:-
NMMSS Examination will be held at almost all the District Headquarters. However center of examination may be increased or decreased by the authority depending upon the number of candidates for the Examination from the District Important Dates:
- Last date for submission of application for both OFFLINE & ONLINE is on 20th September/2017
- Date of Examination is on 5th November/2017 (Sunday)
Admit Card for the candidate will be available online The candidate may download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or user name on or after 20th October, 2017 If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee. their application will be rejected and no admit card will Issued against them.
- Rs.150/- per student for General Category.
- Rs.100/- per student for SC/ST Category.
How to deposit fee:- For OFFLINE submission of application, the examination fee shall have to be deposited in the Bank A/C given below and the original receipt of pay -in-slip must be enclosed with the application. Name and style of current A/C “National Talent Search Examination” Account No.30294941517 Bank SBI, Kahilipara Branch. Application fee deposited/ sent by other way shall not be entertained In case of ONLINE submission of application, the candidates have to deposit fee in any SBI Brach by e-challan generated by ONLINE PORTAL. Last date of submission of fees in Bank is 25th September, 2017.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme How to submit the application Form:-
For offline : Application must be submitted to the following address : Application for NMMS Examination “Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati. PIN- 781019”.
In case any confusion, students may contact the Liaison Officer (K.U Ahmed) Dy D.S.E. over telephone number 0361-2381657(O) during working hours.
Helpline No. 09869226648 (Monday to Saturday: 10 A.M to 5 P.M.)
Click on the link below for more updated notifications:
- Divisional Forest Officer Eastern Assam Recruitment
- Junior Assistant Recruitment at Electrical Inspector Offices
- Junior Administrative Assistant Recruitment at Assam Secretariat
- Assam State Urban Livelihoods Mission Society Recruitment
- DC Kamrup Metro Recruitment
- Fieldman and Computor posts under the Cost of Cultivation Scheme AAU Recruitment 2017
- Assam Secretariat Recruitment for Computer Operator – Total 167 Posts
- Department of Panchayat and Rural Development Assam recruitment 2017 for 3787 posts