Assam Secretariat Stenographer Recruitment For English and Language
Assam Secretariat Stenographer Recruitment -Online applications are invited from citizens of India as defined in the Constitution of India having registration in Employment Exchanges in the State of Assam for recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade III (English and Language) for the Assam Secretariat, Government of Assam, Janata Bhawan, Dispur, Guwahati-781006 in the Scale of Pay of P8(2) 14,000/-49,000/- + Grade Pay 7, 400/- plus other allowances as admissible under Rules.
Assam Secretariat Stenographer Recruitment Post Details:
Vacancies: Total = 57
- Stenographer Grade.III (English) = 32
- Stenographer Grade.III (Language) = 25
The applicant shall have to clearly state in the application the post of Stenographers they are applying for specifying the language.
Reservation for Stenographer Grade.III:
- Reservation for Women = 30% (in all categories)
- Reservation for Ex-Servicemen= 2% (in all categories).
Educational qualifications for Stenographer Grade-III:
(a) The minimum educational qualification of the candidates shall be a graduate in Arts, Science or Commerce from a University recognized by the State Government or a degree equivalent thereto and recognized by the Government.
(b) Candidates having National Trade Certificate in Stenography from ITI in Assam by the National Council for vocational Trade after 1st August 1975 and Diploma in Stenography from Govt. recognized Polytechnic of the State may apply to the post of Stenographer Grade-III.
Age: The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 43 years of age on the 1st day of January, 2017. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates. The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation / HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose.
Mode of Selection:
Phase–I: Candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in a competitive examination to be held at examination zones mentioned below on the date to be notified later on. Examination Zone for Phase–I: Guwahati, Jorhat,Tezpur, Kokrajhar and Silchar.
The examination will be of 100 marks with Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) for 2 hours duration to be administered through OMR Sheets.The minimum qualifying marks in the Objective Type Written Test shall be of 50 marks. The distribution of subject and marks shall be as follows:
|SI. No.||Subject||Total marks|
Phase–II: Against each vacancy four candidates will be short listed on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test. The short listed candidate es shall have to appear in the Stenography Proficiency Test to be held centrally in Guwahati. The pattern of the Stenography Proficiency Test would be as given below.
|Name of Post||Stenography Speed||Time for dictation of test passage||Time for Revision of test passage by
|Time for transcription|
|Stenographer||80WPM(E)||10 min||10 min||20 min|
|Grade.11l||80WPM(L)||10 min||10 min||20 min|
Assam Secretariat Stenographer Recruitment How To Apply:
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY IN PRESCRIBED FORM THROUGH ONLINE MODE ONLY. NO OTHER MODE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS ALLOWED.
- Instructions for filling up online form will be available in website www.recruitmentaim.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to carefully go through the instructions provided in the above website.
- Candidates are required to upload a latest passport size photograph, photocopy of the Admit Card/Certificate of H.S.LC. Examination, National Trade Certificate in Stenography from ITI in Assam by the National Council for Vocational Trade after 1st August 1975 and Diploma in Stenography from Govt. recognized Polytechnic, Scanned Signature, Employment Registration Certificate. Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates) and Certificate of Person with Disability (in case of PwD) issued by competent authority.
- Discharge Book No. & Date, place of issue (in respect of Ex-Servicemen).
- Original copy Treasury Challan and copy of BPL Certificate in case of candidates of BPL families.
- No other document i.e. the hard copy of the online application form, registration slip etc. are required to be sent to the Secretariat Administration (Gazetted Cell) Deptt.
Since the application shall have to be submitted online, the question of submission of applications through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However such candidate shall intimate their appropriate appointing authorities about submission of application in writing.
The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in Examination / join services on being selected by the Secretariat Administration (Gazetted Cell) Deptt. in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate authority. The Secretariat Administration (Gazetted Cell) Department shall not be in any way responsible/ accountable in the event of not according permission to appear in the examination/join service after selection.
Online form may be filled-up w.e.f. 04.09.2017 to Midnight of 06.10.2017 only. No application will be filled up alter expiry of the given time as the link will be disabled.
The applicants are advised to submit only a single application. However if due to any unavoidable situation he/she submits another/multiple applications, he/she will ensure that the application with the higher Registration Number is completed in all respect which will be accepted. Decision of the Secretariat Administration (Gazetted Cell) Deptt. as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
- CANVASSING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SHALL DISQUALIFY A CANDIDATE.
- No application form will be accepted in the Secretariat Administration (Gazetted Cell) Department.
- No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the Written Test/Stenography Proficiency Test
Assam Secretariat Stenographer Recruitment Application fees:
The candidates will have to pay the application fees as follows :
Category : Rate of Application fee
- General : Rs.250.00 (Rupees two hundred and fifty) only.
- SC/ST/OBC : Rs.150.00 (Rupees one hundred and fifty) only.
- Candidates having BPL certificate. : Nil.
The amount may be paid through Treasury Challan to the Head of Account “0070-Other Administrative Services-60-Other Services-800-Other Receipts.”